Thresh takes double class win at Brands Hatch
HUNTINGDON racer Des Thresh snatched a double B-class win at Brands Hatch at the weekend. Racing in the Kumho tyres BMW championship, Thresh qualified in 17th place in the field of 32 on Saturday, which placed him first in his class. A scorching track gre
HUNTINGDON racer Des Thresh snatched a double B-class win at Brands Hatch at the weekend.
Racing in the Kumho tyres BMW championship, Thresh qualified in 17th place in the field of 32 on Saturday, which placed him first in his class.
A scorching track greeted the drivers on Sunday morning, and Thresh got off to a good start to maintain his class lead. At the end of the 15 laps, Thresh had dropped a place to 18th but remained at the head of his class to take his first win of the day.
There was little time to enjoy the win however as Thresh prepared for the second race.
You may also want to watch:
Again he got off to a good start and was battling fiercely in the middle of the pack, competing with the faster A-class cars but avoiding trouble. By the chequered flag, Thresh had worked his way to 15th to seal another B-class win.
The double win means that Thresh now lies second overall in the 2009 championship, He will continue his title bid at Rockingham in two weeks as he looks for further class wins and the points to bring the title back to Huntingdon.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity