Three no-shows gets Saints manager mad
UCL Premier Division Desborough Town 2 St Neots Town 1 MANAGER Steve Young was left fuming after being let down by three players on the morning of the game, meaning the manager was pressed into emergency service. Despite having only 11 players available,
UCL Premier Division
Desborough Town 2
St Neots Town 1
MANAGER Steve Young was left fuming after being let down by three players on the morning of the game, meaning the manager was pressed into emergency service.
Despite having only 11 players available, Saints took the lead on 17 minutes through Wes Byrne after Young had seen his shot blocked by the home goalkeeper.
A Richard Beckett slip allowed Tom Mills to put the home side level midway through the first half and substitute Michael Byrne scored the clincher on 67 minutes.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 8 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
Young, a goalkeeper by trade, had earlier hit the crossbar with a 25-yard piledriver from his unfamiliar forward position but it was not to be for Saints.
The frustrated Saints manager said: "I'm very disappointed at having been let down and there's no way we would have lost this game with a full side.
"The lads did a very professional job and I maybe should have had a goal myself but the overwhelming feeling is of disappointment.