Three no-shows gets Saints manager mad
UCL Premier Division Desborough Town 2 St Neots Town 1 MANAGER Steve Young was left fuming after being let down by three players on the morning of the game, meaning the manager was pressed into emergency service. Despite having only 11 players available,
UCL Premier Division
Desborough Town 2
St Neots Town 1
MANAGER Steve Young was left fuming after being let down by three players on the morning of the game, meaning the manager was pressed into emergency service.
You may also want to watch:
Despite having only 11 players available, Saints took the lead on 17 minutes through Wes Byrne after Young had seen his shot blocked by the home goalkeeper.
A Richard Beckett slip allowed Tom Mills to put the home side level midway through the first half and substitute Michael Byrne scored the clincher on 67 minutes.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Young, a goalkeeper by trade, had earlier hit the crossbar with a 25-yard piledriver from his unfamiliar forward position but it was not to be for Saints.
The frustrated Saints manager said: "I'm very disappointed at having been let down and there's no way we would have lost this game with a full side.
"The lads did a very professional job and I maybe should have had a goal myself but the overwhelming feeling is of disappointment.