Thompson Bowls to victory
ST Ives rider Mark Thomson took a win at the Milton Keynes Bowl Race last week, his first of the season. He and clubmate Andy Wylde broke away from the bunch early on before Wylde, still feeling the effects of last week s Anglo Polymers event, had to fal
ST Ives rider Mark Thomson took a win at the Milton Keynes Bowl Race last week, his first of the season.
He and clubmate Andy Wylde broke away from the bunch early on before Wylde, still feeling the effects of last week's Anglo Polymers event, had to fall back.
Working with a small breakaway group, however, Thomson lapped the pack before holding off the riders with him to take the win.
THE Club also promoted the latest round of the Northampton and District time trial series last week, racing 10 miles over a B1043 course.
Gary Stevens came second in a time of 22 minutes, just ahead of team-mates Neil Houldey in 22:35, and Stephen Butterworth in 24:01, giving St Ives the team win.
Miranda Oberman recorded a personal best time of 26:34, and Terry Cooke picked up valuable veterans points with 27:02.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Gary Stevens put in a time of 1hr 58mins 25secs the following day to take fifth place in the Eastern Counties 50-mile time trial.
In the Wednesday evening 10-mile time trial, Neil Houldey had a convincing ride to take the win.
Avril Swan was the fastest lady and Ian Bentley the fastest veteran, beating Chris Penney by two seconds.
Dave Nelson was best on age standard by seven seconds over Terry Cooke.
RESULT: N Houldey 22:59, Colin Whitechurch 24:53, P Davis 24:54, A Swan 24:59, J Batchelor 25:17, AWhitby 25:52, I Bentley 26:05, C Penney 26:07, P Merryweather 26:09, A Bright 26:14, P Veitch 26:33, M Oberman 26:46, N Burns 27:08, D Whitehead 27:14, T Cooke 27:43, D Nelson 29:34, T Ibbett 30:30, Celia Whitechurch 31:14.