Thomas bids for glory in national final
BOWLER Phil Thomas has secured another win – and pole position for his side Hemingford A – in the Huntingdon and District Bowls League. Thomas, who is captain of his side, won the County Secretary s Cup at the bowls County finals in Sawtry last month. It
BOWLER Phil Thomas has secured another win - and pole position for his side Hemingford A - in the Huntingdon and District Bowls League.
Thomas, who is captain of his side, won the County Secretary's Cup at the bowls County finals in Sawtry last month.
It was a tight competition but Thomas hung on and secured a win by a single shot. The final score was 21-20, meaning that Thomas will be making his eighth appearance at the national finals in Skegness later this month.
Last season, Thomas, who has been a member at Hemingford since 2000, helped his side take second place in the Hunts Division One - but this season's efforts have advanced the club's standing.
You may also want to watch:
Thomas also won the county three-wood triples title with team mates Tony Aston and Steve Williams.
The trio came back from having lost five with three ends to go but managed to hang on and win by three shots. They will also represent Hunts at the national finals in Skegness.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Aston said: "We all wish Phil luck - and as President elect of Hunts County for the 2008 season, let's hope his reign will be as a national champion.