The wait is over as Ellen Falkner completes her World Indoor Championships hat-trick
- Credit: James Bass
Ellen Falkner was crowned Just Retirement World Indoor Champsionships women’s singles champion for the third time yesterday.
Falkner, who bowls outdoors for the St Neots club, recorded a 10-9, 8-7 victory over Rebecca Field in the final at the Potters Resort, Hopton-on-Sea.
The 36 year-old completed her hat-trick 10 years after her previous title in 2006. She had won it for the first time the previous year.
Falkner said: She said: “Rebecca played incredibly well put me under a lot of pressure.
“The conversion bowls that were the difference in a great spectacle of bowls.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m just glad we both performed well in the final and made it a great game.
Falkner is also a three-time Commonwealth Games gold medallist.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'