AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Houghton County Primary School pupils swap the classroom for the NFL Flag Championships in dream Florida trip
- Credit: Archant
A brilliant bunch of Houghton County Primary pupils have enjoyed a school trip with a difference.
The group of 14 children left the classroom behind to fly to Florida and be the first-ever United Kingdom representatives in the NFL Flag Championships.
The sport is a junior version of American football and was staged in Orlando during the NFL Pro Bowl weekend.
The Houghton team - known as the Bears - booked their trip of a lifetime by winning the UK finals at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, in London, last summer.
The Houghton team came up against opponents from America, Germany, China, Mexico and Canada.
You may also want to watch:
They were beaten in their opening three games but ended on a high with a win against German as Michael Adusei scored two touchdowns.
They wore a specially-made United Kingdom kit endorsed by the Chicago Bears. They adopted the same name after being led by Bears' defensive end, Akiem Hicks, at the UK finals.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
- 10 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
The Houghton Bears roster was made up of Luke Page, Isaac Axon-Huckle, Jamie Purdy, Matthew Coggings, Ed Foster, Amy Foster, Felix Cleary, Dylan Skinner, Finlay Winter, Sam Truche-Gordon, Kasie Gray, Michael Adusei, Aiden McDonnell and Tom Blackburn.