The action is set to be Great on the Ouse as more than 1,000 rowers take part in the two-day St Neots Regatta
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 rowers are set to descend on St Neots this weekend for one of the largest annual regattas in the UK.
Two days of racing are due to begin at 8.30am on Saturday over a 1,000m course on the River Great Ouse.
Heats will take place throughout the day in all disciplines from single-sculling to coxed eights, and in categories ranging from novice to elite, for men, women, junior and Masters competitors.
The action continues on Sunday over a shorter 500m course, giving spectators the chance to see lots of races in quick succession, many of which tend to produce tight finishes.
“Everyone is working flat out this week preparing for the regatta,” said Mick Staddon, St Neots Rowing Club vice chairman. “We have rowers coming from all over the UK and, as is often the case, we are once again over-subscribed for entries.
You may also want to watch:
“It promises to be another fantastic weekend for competitors and onlookers alike.”
Other attractions include stands, a beer tent, and hot and cold food and refreshments.
- 1 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 2 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 3 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 4 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 5 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 6 New 'Uber' style bus service TING to launch this month
- 7 St Neots man sets new world record for visiting the most pubs in 24 hours
- 8 Man in critical condition due to collision on London Road in St Ives
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 St Ives town mayor welcomes visitors to Michaelmas Fair
Full details about the regatta, including the draw, are available at http://www.stneotsrc.co.uk