The action is set to be Great on the Ouse as more than 1,000 rowers take part in the two-day St Neots Regatta
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 rowers are set to descend on St Neots this weekend for one of the largest annual regattas in the UK.
Two days of racing are due to begin at 8.30am on Saturday over a 1,000m course on the River Great Ouse.
Heats will take place throughout the day in all disciplines from single-sculling to coxed eights, and in categories ranging from novice to elite, for men, women, junior and Masters competitors.
The action continues on Sunday over a shorter 500m course, giving spectators the chance to see lots of races in quick succession, many of which tend to produce tight finishes.
“Everyone is working flat out this week preparing for the regatta,” said Mick Staddon, St Neots Rowing Club vice chairman. “We have rowers coming from all over the UK and, as is often the case, we are once again over-subscribed for entries.
“It promises to be another fantastic weekend for competitors and onlookers alike.”
Other attractions include stands, a beer tent, and hot and cold food and refreshments.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 7 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 8 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 10 Permanent Friday home for HCCN group
Full details about the regatta, including the draw, are available at http://www.stneotsrc.co.uk