HOCKEY: Double-figure defeat not enough to stop Huntingdon side smiling
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon 1sts are still all smiles . . . despite being on the receiving end of a double-figure drubbing last Saturday.
The local ladies were beaten 10-0 by table-topping Saffron Walden in Division Three North-West of the East Women’s League.
And the damage would have been even greater but for a fine performance from Huntingdon goalkeeper Vicky Wakefield, who made a series of fine saves.
Huntingdon 2nds fared better as they beat Ely City 3rds 4-1 in Division Five North-West (South).
Zoe Skinner and Jenn Lester struck two goals apiece to earn a third win of the campaign for their side. Skinner also shared the player-of-the-match accolade with Isobel Heppelthwaite.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon are keen to welcome new players. They train on Tuesdays at Kimbolton School (7pm to 8.30pm).
Anyone interested can make contact by email to email@example.com
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity