CYCLOCROSS: Terrific Trimble is a muddy marvel
- Credit: Archant
A St Ives Cycling Club talent enjoyed race success last Saturday.
Charlie Trimble struck gold in the second round of the Muddy Monsters North Cambs League at Tilney St Lawrence.
Trimble triumphed in the Under 8 race while clubmate Ralph Bicknell pedalled his way to second spot in the Under 12 category.
Three St Ives riders gained top-10 finishes in the latest round of the Eastern Cyclocross League.
Orla Kenna took eighth place and Edie Palfreyman finished ninth in the Under 14 Girls bracket at the Hilly Fields venue in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Ollie Maynard finished seventh in the Junior Men race with Samuel Smith crossing the line in 16th at Under 12 Boys level.
Nathan Gibson (29th) and Steve Purser (55th) rode in the Senior Men's event while Elliot Kenna finished 66th in the Veteran Male 40+ section.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'