Tennis players serve up cup final victory
HUNTINGDON proved worthy winners of the Don Brace Cup beating St Neots 7 – 1 in the final. On the way to lifting the trophy they won a total of 29 rubbers out of a possible 32 throughout the whole of the knockout competition. The mixed team consisted of
HUNTINGDON proved worthy winners of the Don Brace Cup beating St Neots 7 - 1 in the final.
On the way to lifting the trophy they won a total of 29 rubbers out of a possible 32 throughout the whole of the knockout competition.
The mixed team consisted of Julian Payne, Chris Gregory, Emily Crack and Emma Chisholm. On the way to the final they beat Needingworth 7 - 1.
The tournament has been running for over 20 years for clubs in the Huntingdon area.
The strength and depth of the Men's teams has been shown again with another strong season. They are currently lying first and second in division one of the Huntingdon and Peterborough Association League. The Men's third team are also performing well holding fourth place in division two after promotion from division three last season.
The good form of the Men's teams is carried on by the Ladies second team who are currently second in their league.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
INFORMATION: If you are interested in playing tennis contact Clare Bragg, centre manager on 01480 411414 for further information.