Tennis players serve up cup final victory
HUNTINGDON proved worthy winners of the Don Brace Cup beating St Neots 7 – 1 in the final. On the way to lifting the trophy they won a total of 29 rubbers out of a possible 32 throughout the whole of the knockout competition. The mixed team consisted of
HUNTINGDON proved worthy winners of the Don Brace Cup beating St Neots 7 - 1 in the final.
On the way to lifting the trophy they won a total of 29 rubbers out of a possible 32 throughout the whole of the knockout competition.
The mixed team consisted of Julian Payne, Chris Gregory, Emily Crack and Emma Chisholm. On the way to the final they beat Needingworth 7 - 1.
The tournament has been running for over 20 years for clubs in the Huntingdon area.
You may also want to watch:
The strength and depth of the Men's teams has been shown again with another strong season. They are currently lying first and second in division one of the Huntingdon and Peterborough Association League. The Men's third team are also performing well holding fourth place in division two after promotion from division three last season.
The good form of the Men's teams is carried on by the Ladies second team who are currently second in their league.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
INFORMATION: If you are interested in playing tennis contact Clare Bragg, centre manager on 01480 411414 for further information.