TENNIS: Huntingdon quartet represent Cambridgeshire in county competition
- Credit: Archant
Four Huntingdon Tennis Club talents have represented Cambridgeshire on the county stage.
Lydia Sivirent Sava, Natasha Scott, Neha Kibria and Laurie Cruickshank took part in Group 3 of the Girls 18 & Under County Cup competition from last Friday to Sunday.
The Cambridgeshire team were beaten 5-4 by winners Dorset and runners-up North Wales, but won their final match – 6-3 against North of Scotland – to avoid relegation.
Sivirent Sava and Scott were particularly impressive during the event in Wrexham as they won nine of their 11 matches between them.
Huntingdon Tennis Club is situated at a purpose-built facility on St Peters Road in the town. It boasts seven courts, including three in an indoor bubble to provide year-round access.
You may also want to watch:
Further information on club activities and memberships is available by calling 01480 411412.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes