TENNIS: Champions retain mixed doubles trophy with fine showing
- Credit: Archant
Reigning champions Simon Swallow and Lingling Bravo-Escos made it a double on Friday by retaining their mixed doubles title at Huntingdon Tennis Club.
The pair claimed the Nancy Riach Trophy for a second consecutive time at the annual tournament, held at the club’s St Peter’s Road home.
The mixed tournament, along with the men’s doubles, are named after Nancy Riach and Sam Badni, who were instrumental in the planning and building of Huntingdon Tennis Centre in 2005.
The club ran successfully prior to the move at Hinchingbrooke for al most 20 years as a private members group.
The St Peter’s Road centre is open to the public with indoor and outdoor courts for hire and a coaching team offering lessons for beginners to regular players.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call the centre on 01480 411412.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives