Ten gold medals and counting for Scott
LUKE Scott returned from the World Karate and Kickboxing Championships in Germany at the end of August with another three gold medals.
The 17-year-old’s gold medal haul in kata is now 10 – but next season he will step up into the adult categories, and competition will be tougher.
However, there is even the chance of an Olympic future for Scott if the sport is voted in for inclusion in the 2020 games.
Kata is an ancient form of karate, the Japanese martial art, in which a series of detailed moves are performed and judged.
Scott was among 2,000 competitors at the championships in Karlsruhe and the teenager competed in three different forms: freestyle, weapons and Wushu.
You may also want to watch:
In all, the England team returned home with six gold medals, 18 silver and 40 bronze.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives