Tears for former St Ives hockey player Hannah Macleod after missing out on London 2012 final
THERE were tears when Hannah Macleod and her teammates were beaten in the semi finals of the London 2012 women’s hockey tournament by world champions Argentina on Wednesday.
Team GB went down 2-1 with the coach Danny Kerry telling the BBC: “I thought we were the dominant side in the second half.
“The reason for not winning was the half-chances, not converting the opportunity, but I couldn’t have asked any more from the girls.
“I felt Argentina were really just defending, not offering much other than that, but they did that well.”
Macloed, who played for St Ives when she was a pupil at Hinchingbrooke School, featured in all of Team GB’s pool games with Britain qualifying for the semis second behind Olympic gold medal favourites the Netherlands.
You may also want to watch:
Team GB will now play New Zealand for bronze in the third-fourth place play-off on Friday.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon