Team time trial win for St Ives CC
ST IVES Cycling Club s time trial squad matched the recent success of their road racing team-mates with a team win at a Lea Valley CC race near Cambridge. The 120 strong field had to play dodge the potholes on a road surface that caused punctures througho
ST IVES Cycling Club's time trial squad matched the recent success of their road racing team-mates with a team win at a Lea Valley CC race near Cambridge.
The 120 strong field had to play dodge the potholes on a road surface that caused punctures throughout the field, but the Ives team steered a better line than most and avoided the problems in a great team ride.
The first man home for St Ives was Mick Hodson in 10th place, covering the 25 miles in 53mins 17secs. Team-mate Andre Dyason was just two seconds adrift, with Paul Davis a further 38 seconds back.
Pete Galpin was fourth man home for the club to finish in 55mins 2secs.
You may also want to watch:
In the medium gear category - where the competitors choose to ride without the benefit of gears - Phil Peacock came third in a time of 1hr 1min, with and time trial regular Terry Cooke through in 1hr 11mins.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity