Table tennis talent Harry Boston has a ‘good experience’ in National Cup
- Credit: Archant
Hail Weston talent Harry Boston competed against the best players in England at the Under 12 Boys’ National Cup.
The 11-year-old, pictured right, was invited to the tournament in Bristol because of his position near the top of the Table Tennis England rankings and took on the six other top players in a round-robin event.
Seeded fourth, the Great Stukeley Table Tennis Club player won three matches and finished in fifth position in a close competition in which only five points separated the entire field in the final league table.
His best performance was against second seed Rhys Davies, who he beat 3-2 (15-13, 8-11, 12-10, 7-11, 11-9).
Longsands Academy pupil Boston said: “I think I played really well and I had a good win against Rhys.
“He was second seed and I didn’t think I would beat him – I’d only beaten him once before.
“It was a good experience.”
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 9 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter