Swinging for charity
THE EXHIBITION Inn Golf Society, based in Godmanchester, raised more than £8,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support at a charity golf day. The event was hosted by Cromwell Golf Club and saw 23 teams of four battle against driving rain to complete the course. Ov
THE EXHIBITION Inn Golf Society, based in Godmanchester, raised more than £8,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support at a charity golf day.
The event was hosted by Cromwell Golf Club and saw 23 teams of four battle against driving rain to complete the course.
Overall winners of the event were the Fourplay team from The Sun, Hartford, consisting of Dave Squires, Mick Regan, John Yates and Keith Maddocks. Individual winner was Adrian Cox while Phil Stamp won the prize for the longest drive.
A total of £8,704 was raised for charity, a total which included money raised by the Exhibition fun run in June.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Kulbir Singh said: "The morning play was very wet indeed but thankfully it cleared up going into the afternoon.
"Entries were up on last year and it was good to see so many faces out on the course to contribute to a fantastic day."
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Ace Cabs and McNicholas contributed, and then Metronet doubled the total.
INFORMATION: Photographs and full results from the day can be found on www.xgolfsociety.co.uk