SWIMMING: Two clean sweeps and a whole host of medals as St Ives shine on county stage
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Swimming Club talents collected 37 medals at the opening weekend of the Cambridgeshire County Championships.
Their fine haul at the Manor Centre in Whittlesey featured a host of victories and a couple of clean sweeps in ladies’ 100m events.
Fran Crocker led home clubmates Cathy Thomson (silver) and Elizabeth Ella (bronze) in the backstroke final, whereas Thomson triumphed over Crocker (silver) and Amy Coleman (bronze) in the backstroke showpiece. Thomson also won the 200m freestyle crown as well.
Bethan Endicott was the most successful St Ives swimmer on show with three gold medals in her age group. She also gained a silver and a bronze.
James Quinn, Janos Kadar, Toby Offord, Tom Davis and Jasmine Dearnley provided the other gold medals.
Ciara Taylor earned the best individual medal tally with six silvers, while other medallists were Evan Taylor, Tom Lucas and Ed Bird.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 6 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 8 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 9 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 10 This week's Readers Photos