SWIMMING: Regional hat-trick for rising St Ives talent
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Swimming Club star James Quinn has completed an East Region Championship medal hat-trick.
The 14 year-old stormed to 50m, 100m and 200m breaststroke victories at the weekend event in Luton to continue a rich vein of form.
Two of Quinn’s clubmates also enjoyed medal success. Bethan Endicott won her 50m butterfly race and took silver in the 100m butterfly, while Ciara Taylor also won bronze in the 50m butterfly discipline.
St Ives were also represented by Olivia Smith, Luke Tunstall, Lottie Flynn and Georgia Spencer, who all delivered impressive displays.
Elsewhere, St Ives earned 34 medals – 13 gold, 11 silver and 10 bronze - in the Fenland Open Meet at Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
Evan Taylor was the star performer with four successes on his way to winning the top boy award in the 16yrs section. Leon Damuni also earned that accolade in the 15yrs bracket.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k