SWIMMING: Piranhas strike to scoop a stack of Fenland Open Meet medals
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Piranhas collected a super haul of 20 medals at the recent Fenland Open Meet.
There were seven golds among Piranhas’ collection of honours with four of them being earned by club captain Skie Wallace.
The 16 year-old was victorious in her 100m freestyle, 100m breaststroke, 100m backstroke and 100m individual medal races.
Alice Lawrence was another girl to strike gold. The 12 year-old won her 100m breaststroke event and also scooped three bronze medals.
Kaitlin Norman, 16, won three silver medals, while 13 year-old Millie Steel scooped a silver and a bronze.
You may also want to watch:
The Piranhas boys were also in impressive form at the annual gala in Whittlesey. Toby Norman, 12, took gold in the 100m backstroke and Will Steel, 15, was a 100m breaststroke victor.
Norman also picked up a silver medal in the 100m butterfly while Steel added an individual medley bronze. Oliver Rana-Beadle, 12, completed a hat-trick of bronze medals.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
Other Piranhas swimmers in action were River Wallace, Isaac Lawrence, Nicholas Rana-Beadle, Alex Allen, Phoenix Wallace, Connor Thacker, Jamie Coggins, Will Coggins, Tyler Thacker, Macie Morton, Emilia Morecroft, Amelia Roberts, Alina Turchyn, Katie Jeliff, Caitlyn Shears and Olivia Mitchell.