SWIMMING: Marvellous medal double for Myles
- Credit: Archant
A rising St Neots star is celebrating a medal double at the British Championships.
Myles Robinson-Young – a 15 year-old member of the City of Peterborough Swimming Club – excelled at the major event in Sheffield.
The Longsands Academy pupil powered to victory in the 400m freestyle event in his age group, following up a speedy heat success in 4.06.87 with an even smarter 4.03.69 in the final to grab gold.
Robinson-Young said: “When I finished the race, I looked up to the timing board and saw my name was first.
“It felt unrealistic to think I had won, but I was overjoyed with my performance.”
You may also want to watch:
And he followed up with a bronze medal over half of that distance in the 200m freestyle, taking third in a time of 1.54.92.
Robinson-Young added: “I’m really pleased with my progression over this past year.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
“I struggled to make a final last year, but I’m now a double national medallist.”