SWIMMING: Marvellous medal double for Myles
- Credit: Archant
A rising St Neots star is celebrating a medal double at the British Championships.
Myles Robinson-Young – a 15 year-old member of the City of Peterborough Swimming Club – excelled at the major event in Sheffield.
The Longsands Academy pupil powered to victory in the 400m freestyle event in his age group, following up a speedy heat success in 4.06.87 with an even smarter 4.03.69 in the final to grab gold.
Robinson-Young said: “When I finished the race, I looked up to the timing board and saw my name was first.
“It felt unrealistic to think I had won, but I was overjoyed with my performance.”
And he followed up with a bronze medal over half of that distance in the 200m freestyle, taking third in a time of 1.54.92.
Robinson-Young added: “I’m really pleased with my progression over this past year.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 8 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 9 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
“I struggled to make a final last year, but I’m now a double national medallist.”