SWIMMING: Hamilton earns fine medal haul as First Strokes impress on county stage
- Credit: Archant
First Strokes Godmanchester prospect Tom Hamilton captured four medals during the opening weekend of the Cambridgeshire County Championships.
Hamilton struck gold in the 50m backstroke, took silver in the 100m backstroke and earned bronze in the 50m and 200m breaststroke events at 16yrs+ level.
Three other First Strokes swimmers also won bronze medals at the Manor Leisure Pool in Whittlesey. Riley Hall took third spot in the 50m backstroke final for the 11yrs boys age group, Chloe Butler occupied the same position in the 100m freestyle for 14yrs girls, and Ben Hall did likewise in the 100m backstroke for 16yrs+.
Lauren Elliott (16yrs, 50m breaststroke and 100m freestyle), Rory Webb (11yrs, 50m backstroke), Lily High (13yrs 100m freestyle), Jessica Spavins (13yrs, 50m breaststroke) all performed well to reach finals.
Spavins was particularly impressive as she clocked a qualifying time for the East Regional Championships for the second successive year.
You may also want to watch:
First Strokes were also represented by David Keene, Max Webb, George Jennings, Nia Baird, Elke Povey, Louise Hamilton, Ella Bolam, Annie High and Isobel Mather at the county event.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity