SWIMMING: Golden hat-trick for Kadar as St Ives stars impress at Norwich event
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Swimming Club talent Janos Kadar picked up three goal medals at the recent Norwich Open meet.
The youngster came out on top in his 50m freestyle, 50m backstroke, and 100m backstroke against a talented field of swimmers from across the region at the Level One event.
Clubmate James Quinn collected two gold medals as he triumphed in 50m and 100m breaststroke events. He also roared to victory in the 14 and under finals in both of those events.
Quinn captured a silver medal in the 200m breaststroke as well.
Bethan Endicott continued her fine run of success with 50m butterfly and 100m butterfly medals. She also finished first (50m) and second (100m) in 14 and under finals.
You may also want to watch:
Olivia Smith was the other St Ives medallist as she took bronze in her 100m breaststroke race.
The club were also represented by Elliot Dickson, Tiernan Stevenson, Issy Hemingway Stark, Cathy Thomson, Evan Taylor, Toby Offord, Ciara Taylor, Georgia Spencer, Amy Coleman and Lottie Flynn in Norfolk.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?