SWIMMING: First Strokes talents shine with medal success at junior event
- Credit: Archant
Six young First Strokes Godmanchester swimmers won 14 medals between them at the City of Peterborough Junior Open meet.
Hannah Pye struck gold in her 25m breaststroke event after collecting three silvers in other strokes at girls 8yrs level.
Edward Jennings was another First Strokes prospect to taste victory in the boys 8yrs 25m backstroke and he also added a couple of bronze medals to his collection.
Isabel Couch completed a full set of medals at girls 9yrs level. Her gold arrived in the 25m backstroke final.
The fine First Strokes haul was completed by bronze medals for Ella Bolam (girls 11yrs 50m breaststroke), George Jennings (boys 10yrs 50m backstroke), Sophie Ryan (girls 9yrs 25m freestyle) and Oliver Pendered (boys 9yrs 25m breaststroke).
You may also want to watch:
The club were also represented by Lily Bolam, Maya New, Olivia Burgess, Katy Lloyd, India Furbank, Ben Cayley and Alistair Outram in an event aimed at talents aged between eight and 11.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k