SWIMMING: First Strokes star with Mildenhall gala success
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of First by name, and first by nature for one local club.
Godmanchester-based First Strokes triumphed in a gala at Mildenhall, beating the host club and March Marlins to top spot by 11 points.
Individual wins were achieved by Oliver Pendred, George Jennings, Olivia Burgess, Charles Todd, Ella Bolam, Aidan Clark, Jessica Spavins, Riley Hall, David Keene, Emma Davis, Oliver Hepworth, Maya New, Millie Wells, Olivia Johnson, Oliver Bolam, Sophie Ryan, Euan Clark, and Lily Bolam.
Other swimmers achieving second places, or helping the club to win three of the five relay events, were High, Max Webb, Isobel Mather, Erin Hurst, Joe Ryan, Hannah Lutman, Tom Barnard, Jodie Elliott and Rory Webb.
First Strokes signed off by winning the final cannon relay, involving 10 swimmers, by over 20 seconds.
Club captain David Keene and Emma Davis collected the trophy for First Strokes, who have now won a gala in each of the last five years.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse