SWIMMING: Fabuous finish earns gala glory for First Strokes
- Credit: Archant
First Strokes saved their best until last to record a second successive gala victory last Saturday.
The Godmanchester club won the final three relay races to snatch top spot overall in a five-team competition at Peterborough.
They pipped one of two teams from hosts, City of Peterborough Swimming Club, by a single point following an exciting climax in which they wiped out an 11-point deficit.
Freddie Spavins provided two individual victories for First Strokes with Ginny Hadden, Millie Wells, Sophie Ryan, Amber Andrews and Isobel Mather tasting success on one occasion.
Other First Strokes swimmers to take part were Edward Jennings, Ralfie Da Costa, Noah Cowin, Maya New, Isabel Couch, Annie High, Joe Ryan, George Jennings, Oscar Broderick, Olivia Burgess, Sean Flanagan, Zac Vickers, Emily Russell, Joshua Titman, Isla Da Costa and Ben Cayley.
You may also want to watch:
The junior gala also featured squads from the South Lincs Swimming Club and March Marlins.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages