SWIMMING: Bethan bags four medals as St Ives club taste success in Luton
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Swimming Club enjoyed more success at the Level One meet in Luton last weekend.
Bethan Endicott was responsible for almost half of the club’s total of nine medals in Bedfordshire.
The 12 year-old triumphed in her 50m and 100m butterfly races, took second spot in the 100m backstroke and also added a bronze medal to her collection in the 200m butterfly.
James Quinn completed his own hat-trick of medals with gold in the 50m and 100m breaststroke along with a silver in the 200m discipline.
Janos Kadar (silver, 200m backstroke) and Ciara Taylor (bronze, 100m freestyle) also climbed onto the podium
You may also want to watch:
“They are another set of great results for the club,” said head coach Andy Hunter. “It’s a really busy spell with many of our members competing for the fifth successive weekend.”
Luke Tunstall, Lottie Flynn, Alice Turner, Toby Offord, Georgia Spencer, Cathy Thomson, Tom Davis, Evan Taylor and Fran Crocker also performed with great credit for St Ives. Thomson set new lifetime bests in the 100m and 200m freestyle events at the age of 28.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status