Swans celebrate gala success
ST NEOTS Swans celebrated a successful start under their new captains at the Cambridgeshire County Championships on March 7-8 and 14-15. Fiona Moore and Ash Bygraves led the swimmers into their first galas at Peterborough and Cambridge. The team broke num
ST NEOTS Swans celebrated a successful start under their new captains at the Cambridgeshire County Championships on March 7-8 and 14-15.
Fiona Moore and Ash Bygraves led the swimmers into their first galas at Peterborough and Cambridge. The team broke numerous club records and achieved five qualifying times for the Regional Championships later this year.
Swans set 106 personal best times as they swept to a record medal haul of 50, with 13 gold's, 19 silver's and 18 bronze's to finish third overall behind Peterborough and Cambridge.
Oliver Fitt won 10 gold medals in the under-nine category and was also overall boy's winner while Ben Fory, Will Nicholls and Danny Sadler each won eight medals. Between these four swimmers they registered five qualifying times for the Regional Championships, Fitt in the 200m backstroke, Fory the 100m front crawl, Sadler 100m backstroke and Nicholls 50m and 100m backstroke.
You may also want to watch:
The other medal winners for Swans were Megan Evans, Emily Keech, Bethan Lukey and Chloe Thompson for the girls. Andrew Burling won the other boy's medal. Swans also managed one medal success in the relays in the boys 15/16 year olds 200m freestyle.
Swans head coach Linda Ashley-Davidson said: "Another fantastic County Championships for both the girl's and boy's teams justifies all the hard work that the swimmers have put in during the last few months.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
"Individual performances, wonderful team results, a staggering total of 50 medals and 106 PBs is the true testament to all the swimmers' commitment to Swans. The added bonus for the club is the chance to be represented at the Regional Championships again this year and the four boys that have achieved this really deserve special praise."
For further information about Swans Swimming Club please contact Sue Ward for the teaching scheme on 01480 469601, Linda Ashley-Davidson for squad training on 01480 380466 or visit www.swans-swimming.com.