Swannell’s anger at terrible’ Town
United Counties League Division One Northampton ON Chenecks 2 Huntingdon Town 0 TOWN followed up last week s derby defeat at Godmanchester with a disappointing display at Chenecks. Manager Paul Swannell blasted his side s performance as terrible , despit
United Counties League Division One
Northampton ON Chenecks 2 Huntingdon Town 0
TOWN followed up last week's derby defeat at Godmanchester with a disappointing display at Chenecks.
Manager Paul Swannell blasted his side's performance as "terrible", despite the visitors being on top for the first 25 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Dean was Huntingdon's best player and looked lively throughout up front but could not find a way through.
Eddie Patten was unlucky to be denied a goal but as much as Huntingdon huffed and puffed they could not find a way through.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
After Chenecks weathered the visiting storm, two first-half goals did the damage as the two Scotts - Barczewski and Coleman - put the hosts ahead and Town could find no reply.
Manager Paul Swannell said: "With the quality of players we have we should be right up the top of this league.
"We have at least six or seven lads who could play at a higher level but they need to earn that right.
"The side isn't as settled as I'd like it to be for one reason or another and, hopefully, we can find some consistency in coming weeks."
Town will be looking to return to winning ways when they make the trip to mid-table Daventry on Saturday.