Superstock racer Jonathan Railton going into final weekend at Brands Hatch in high spirits
JONATHAN Railton, the 21-year-old motorcycle racer from Grafham, is hoping to finish 12th in the 2012 Metzeler National Superstock 1000 championship when he races at Brand Hatch on Sunday, October 14.
Railton finished 5th at Silverstone last weekend in race 11 of the 12-race championship season – and hopes to consolidate his position in the standings with another good finish on the final day.
Railton finished free practice in 16th last weekend following a few issue with his grip. There were also adjustments to be made to the rear suspension of his bike before the first qualifying session after which he had moved up to ninth.
On the sixth lap of the next qualifying session he came within a tenth of a second of the lap record to go fifth quickest before falling at the fast Beckett’s corner.
He was a bit battered and bruised – like his bike – but was able to finalise a seventh place start and was sixth at the end of the first lap.
You may also want to watch:
For the majority of the race he was in a personal battle with another you racer, Victor Cox, who is third in the championship, and was ahead of his rival at the chequered flag.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan