Supercup make Aggressors work hard
HAJAC teams of four BROWNING Stanjay Aggressors were the winners of this annual match that was fished in Dolphin Meadow on Sunday, ahead of the defending champions. Stanjay Supercup made a strong defence of their title finishing second but Browning triump
HAJAC teams of four
BROWNING Stanjay Aggressors were the winners of this annual match that was fished in Dolphin Meadow on Sunday, ahead of the defending champions.
Stanjay Supercup made a strong defence of their title finishing second but Browning triumphed, led by section wins from match winner Jon Hazelden and Stan Binge.
Jon caught roach plus a 6lb 7oz tench to finish ahead of Peterborough's Steve Goodrum, St Ives' Paul Ashcroft and Stanjay's Ian Benton.
You may also want to watch:
RESULT (teams): 1 Browning Stanjay Aggressors 10pts, 2 Stanjay Supercup 13pts, 3= St Ives/Peterborough Blue 14pts.
RESULT (individuals): 1 Jon Hazelden Browning Stanjay Aggressors 17lb 14oz, 2 Steve Goodrum Peterborough Blue 15lb, 3 Paul Ashcroft St Ives 13lb 10oz, 4 Ian Benton Stanjay Turbo 11lb.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
SATURDAY'S sweepstake was won by Mark Dickerson with 23lb.
Mark, who consistently caught the best small fish weight in the recent close season series, included a carp of 13lbs in his winning catch.
Ray Best finished second, just ahead of Stan.
RESULT: 1 Mark Dickerson St Neots 23lb, 2 Ray Best GOT Baits 19lb 12oz, 3 Stan Binge Browning Stanjay 18lb 3oz.
SUNDAY'S Whitwell memorial match was fished at Halfpenny Toll.
Keith Rayment's longest walk rewarded with a match winning weight of 13lb which included a 4lb bream. Paul Kilby was second and Andrew Kilby came in third.
RESULT: 1 Keith Rayment 13lb, 2 Paul Kilby 7lb 10oz, 3 Andrew Kilby 7lb 8oz.
THE third round of the King of the Pond was fished on Sunday in gusty conditions.
Bob Stobart won the match from Pat Magilop with just 3lb.
RESULT: 1 Bob Stobart 3lb, 2 Pat Magilop 2lb 10oz, 3 Tony Watling 1lb 10oz.
Overall positions after 3 matches: 1 Terry Kelly 25lb 9oz, 2 Pat Magilop 10lb 7oz, 3 Bob Stobart 9lb 12oz, 4 Steve Webb 9lb 1oz.