Super Steadman storms to success in Rio
- Credit: Archant
Lauren Steadman came through her Paralympics dress rehearsal with flying colours today.
Sawtry star Steadman led from start to finish to win the Women’s PT4 race at the Paralympics Test Event in Rio.
The race was staged on the course which will be used next summer when the sport of Paratriathlon makes its debut in the Paralympics.
And Steadman admitted it was far from easy. She said: “It was definitely the hardest race yet this season with a lot of tough competitors, including some you don’t race in Europe.
“It was really good to see where I am against them and I’m glad I raced here to feel a lot more prepared for next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Steadman completed the 750m swim, 20.6km cycle and 5km run in a total time of 1.08.46 to come home 59 seconds clear of second-placed finisher Grace Norman of America.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder