Super start to the season for Needingworth Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Needingworth enjoyed a successful start to the Women’s Midlands League season last Sunday.
They saw off Wellingborough by 80 runs in their Division Four South opener.
Izzy Hall (34) and Hannah Morris (31) were the biggest contributors with the bat as Needingworth amassed 175-5 in their 40 overs before dismissing the hosts for just 85.
Hall, Amelia Oliver and Leah Culpin all bagged three wickets apiece.
Needingworth are back in action this Sunday when hosting Oxford at Houghton & Wyton CC (1pm start).
You may also want to watch:
Any players interested in joining should contact either Lee Smith on 07912 300795 or Nikki Hurst on 07824 323102.
Training is at Needingworth CC, Millfields, from 6pm on Fridays.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
WOMEN’S MIDLANDS LEAGUE
Division Four South
WELLINGBOROUGH lost to NEEDINGWORTH by 80 runs
Needingworth 175-5 (I. Hall 34, H. Morris 31)
Wellingborough 85 (A. Oliver 3-12, L. Culpin 3-313, I. Hall 3-27).