SUNDAY FOOTBALL: Queen’s Head lift Joe Mansfield Cup
- Credit: Archant
Queen’s Head lifted a piece of Huntingdonshire Sunday League silverware last Wednesday.
The Needingworth side beat county champions Catworth 3-1 in the final of the Joe Mansfield Cup at Jubilee Park, in Huntingdon.
Queen’s Head fell behind to a Rob Stamper goal but levelled later in the first half through James Hodson.
A Jack Bonson bicycle kick completed the turnaround before Hodson sealed victory with his second goal in the dying moments after racing the length of the pitch to score.
That success could provide the first instalment of an honours treble for Neville Nania’s side.
You may also want to watch:
Queen’s Head can add another trophy to their collection tonight (Wednesday) when facing Golden Knight in the Challenge Shield final, also at Jubilee Park (7.30pm).
And they are also in pole position in the Premier Division standings. They have completed their fixtures and sit nine points clear of Catworth, who still have four matches to play.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'