Successful summer for BMX race aces
- Credit: Archant
It has been a fine 2015 season for two Huntingdonshire BMX racers.
St Ives man Jason Heard collected a host of victories on his way to overall glory in the men’s 40-44 cruiser class in the East Anglia BMX Summer Series.
Heard won rounds at Norwich, Milton Keynes, Royston and Peterborough on his way to securing top spot in the standings and the number one plate.
The Royston Rockets club member also performed respectably with an 18th place finish at the British Championships in Manchester.
Clubmate Claire Pollard, from Earith, also enjoyed a successful season which included an appearance in the World Championship in Belgium.
You may also want to watch:
Pollard narrowly missed out on a place in the quarter-finals in the ladies 30+ cruiser age group but she was in winning form closer to home in the eighth round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series and the East Anglia Championships.
Pollard also finished ninth on both days at the British BMX Series round in Birmingham and 10th overall.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The Royston Rockets club are on the lookout for new members and anyone interested can go along to the track days which run on most Saturdays through the winter months. Further information from www.roystonrockets.co.uk or through their Facebook page.