FUTSAL: Regional honours for St Ivo School stars and Godmanchester Rovers Youth talents
- Credit: Archant
St Ivo School’s female talents earned another notable sporting success last weekend.
Their Under 14 Girls team triumphed in the East Region round of the FA Youth Futsal Cup at the University of Cambridge Sports Centre yesterday.
They won all three of their matches – beating Eastwood Academy 4-2, Yaxley 2-1 and Watford Ladies 6-1 – with Tia Everdell hitting 10 of the 12 goals to be named as player of the tournament.
St Ivo will now battle for national glory in Birmingham this weekend and they will be joined in the second city by another successful local side.
Godmanchester Rovers Youth Under 14s also triumphed in the East finals, winning three of their four matches to top the standings.
You may also want to watch:
Their squad was made up of Ashley Quince, Cameron Eakins, David Buchan, Sam Terry, Harrison Scaife, Mackenzie May, Harvey Davis and Jack Squire.
Other teams to represent the Hunts FA were Huntingdon Town Rowdies (Under 10), City of Peterborough Futsal (Under 10 Girls and Under 12), St Ives Rangers (Under 12 Girls and Under 16 Girls), Warboys Colts (Under 16) and Godmanchester Town (Under 16).
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor