Success will send St Ives Town into pole position
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town go into Southern League Division One (Central) battle tonight in the knowledge that victory will take them to the top of the table . . . for 24 hours at least!
Ricky Marheineke’s third-placed men travel to fellow play-off hopefuls Ware (7.45pm). They will kick-off two points adrift of leaders Egham who are not in action until tomorrow night.
Marheineke said: “It will be another tough game, but we go into it with confidence after a good result against Beaconsfield at the weekend.
“It’s a big week for the club with an FA Trophy game against Kettering coming up on Friday, but right now my only concern is tonight.”
St Neots hit the county cup trail. They go to United Counties League Premier Division side Yaxley for a Hunts Senior Cup quarter-final (7.45pm).
You may also want to watch:
Godmanchester Rovers launch their bid for Hinchingbrooke Cup glory with an opening round tie at lower-level Bedfordshire side Potton (7.45pm).
Eynesbury Rovers were also scheduled to be in action in the Hinchingbrooke Cup tonight, but their tie at Stotfold has been postponed due to problems with the dressing room facilities at the Bedfordshire club.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol