Success for gymnasts
GYMNASTS from Huntingdon Olympic Gym Club competed at the Women s County Championships earlier this month. The young competitors had a very successful event, winning most of the medals. At level four, Rebecca Smith competed superbly to take the overall tr
GYMNASTS from Huntingdon Olympic Gym Club competed at the Women's County Championships earlier this month.
The young competitors had a very successful event, winning most of the medals.
At level four, Rebecca Smith competed superbly to take the overall trophy at age nine level, with team-mates Natalie Readbone winning silver and Inola Brown taking the bronze medal.
In the 10-11 year group, Anya Rodriguez and Jade Gregory, both from Huntingdon, came joint first place to share the trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Their team-mate Jessica Stirley was placed third and took the bronze medal.
In the 12-13 year group, Huntingdon gymnast Kirstie Eldridge took the gold medal with Jenny Kent and Chloe Pitcher coming second and third respectively.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
In the 14 and over group, Ellie Howe, also from HOGC took the silver medal. Numerous other gymnasts from Huntingdon received certificated for placings on individual apparatus.
At level three, Huntingdon swept the 11-12 age group thanks to Adele Kersey's gold, Gabby Brumfield's silver, Laura Gilbert's bronze and April Williams finishing in fourth.
In the 13 and above age group, Jessica Hutchinson won the trophy and Chloe Squirrell took the silver medal.
Daisy Dowd won the trophy for the level two category at 14 and above, and Heather Storey took the FIG 15-plus trophy.