Success for gymnasts
GYMNASTS from Huntingdon Olympic Gym Club competed at the Women s County Championships earlier this month. The young competitors had a very successful event, winning most of the medals. At level four, Rebecca Smith competed superbly to take the overall tr
GYMNASTS from Huntingdon Olympic Gym Club competed at the Women's County Championships earlier this month.
The young competitors had a very successful event, winning most of the medals.
At level four, Rebecca Smith competed superbly to take the overall trophy at age nine level, with team-mates Natalie Readbone winning silver and Inola Brown taking the bronze medal.
In the 10-11 year group, Anya Rodriguez and Jade Gregory, both from Huntingdon, came joint first place to share the trophy.
Their team-mate Jessica Stirley was placed third and took the bronze medal.
In the 12-13 year group, Huntingdon gymnast Kirstie Eldridge took the gold medal with Jenny Kent and Chloe Pitcher coming second and third respectively.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 5 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 8 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
In the 14 and over group, Ellie Howe, also from HOGC took the silver medal. Numerous other gymnasts from Huntingdon received certificated for placings on individual apparatus.
At level three, Huntingdon swept the 11-12 age group thanks to Adele Kersey's gold, Gabby Brumfield's silver, Laura Gilbert's bronze and April Williams finishing in fourth.
In the 13 and above age group, Jessica Hutchinson won the trophy and Chloe Squirrell took the silver medal.
Daisy Dowd won the trophy for the level two category at 14 and above, and Heather Storey took the FIG 15-plus trophy.