ATHLETICS: Success for BRJ star Hudson; podium place for the Hunts AC man Barry; success for Riverside juniors
- Credit: Archant
David Hudson continued his 2018 winning spree with another notable success recently.
The Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri man triumphed in the Richmond Runfest Half Marathon in a speedway time of 1:11.33.
Hudson has enjoyed a fine year which has included on the track, over the country and on the roads.
A BRJ squad enjoyed a good finish in the Equinox 24 endurance race at Belvoir Castle. The team of Martin Dawe, Rob Farrant, Shelley Duffy, Chirag Godhania and Andy Phillips battled through difficult conditions in Leicestershire to finish seventh in the ‘small teams’ category.
Keelan Duffy only just missed out on the podium when clocking 41.02 to finish fourth in the Equinox 10k. The 15 year-old did have the consolation of triumphing in his Under 18 age bracket.
You may also want to watch:
Hunts AC provided two top finishers at the Ingatestone Five-Mile Race in Essex.
Mark Barry was third in 27.53 with clubmate Ty Farrer one place further back as he finished in 28.05.
- 1 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 4 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 5 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 6 Letters to the Editor
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 9 Donations from school's Little Shop of Kindness is life-line for families
- 10 Public health director Dr Liz Robin to retire
Bruce Grimley covered double that distance as he enjoyed age-group success at the Leighton 10. Grimley triumphed in the M60-64 section in a time of 1:13.09.
Riverside Runners’ team finished 22nd in the Round Norfolk Relay – a 17-stage, near 200-mile event starting and finishing at King’s Lynn.
They were represented by Neil Shorten, Mike Kendal, Paul Newell, Malcolm Pritchard, Phil Redden, Stephanie Williams, Jess Williams, Michaela Ridley, Lee Radley, Rob Moir, Chris Bentley, Rodrigo Santos, Paul Ridley, Liz Hiner, Amie Gough, Kirsty Middleton and Claudian Pags.
Several junior Riverside members impressed in the Bourn to Run 3k event. Jessica Rainbow (Under 11 Girls) and Joe Wilson (Under 15 Boys) won their categories with Amelia Fleming (Under 15 Girls) and Tilly Wilson (Under 11 Girls) runners-up.