CYCLOCROSS: Pauley siblings produce super performances
- Credit: Archant
Super siblings Beatrice and Dominic Pauley starred in the latest round of the Central Cyclocross League.
Beatrice took victory in the Under 16 Girls race at Prologis Park in Kettering while younger brother Dominic was runner-up at Under 14 Boys level.
Fellow St Ives Cycling Club rider Joshua Ibbett was also in action at the Northamptonshire venue where he finished 14th in the Senior Male section.
Ibbett was also among nine St Ives members who took part in the fourth round of the Eastern Cyclocross League in Hertfordshire.
He took 18th place in that event at the Princess Helena College, in Preston, but three clubmates managed top-10 finishes.
You may also want to watch:
Edie Palfreyman and Orla Kenna were seventh and eighth respectively in the Under 14 Girls event while Ollie Maynard also took seventh spot in the Junior Male race.
Nathan Gibson (36th) and Sean Purser (38th) joined Ibbett in the Senior Male bracket while Nicholas Smith (31st), Ian Manley (40th) and Elliot Kenna (62nd) all raced in the Veteran Male 40-49 section.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 9 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
Angus Lawrence was 50th in the Junior Male race at the second round of the National Trophy in Cumbria.