SWIMMING: A stack of medals to end a memorable year for St Ives
- Credit: Archant
A super year ended on a high for St Ives Swimming Club – thanks to a stack of medals in their final 2018 outing.
A 50-strong squad collected eight golds, 20 silvers and 16 bronzes when taking part in the City of Peterborough Winter Meet.
Cathy Thomson and Janos Kadar provided two of the triumphs apiece with Georgia Newstead, Ruby O’Dell, Mia Woods and Anna Freeman also striking gold.
Connie Newstead, Amy Coleman, Toby Offord Thomson, Ciara Taylor, Norbert Kadar, Tom Davis, Oliver Dickson, Evan Taylor, Woods, Janos Kadar, Luke Tunstall and Sophie Turner all won at least one silver medal.
And bronze medals were shared by Joshua Marshall, Norbert Kadar, Tom Lucas, Thomson, Bryn Chapman Strong, Woods, Dickson, Tunstall, O’Dell, Stanley Clark, Ciera Norman and Ciara Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
There was further success for St Ives as top talent James Quinn completed a quadruple of wins at the Biggleswade Open Meet.
Quinn powered to victories in his 200m individual medley, 50m backstroke, 50m freestyle and 50m butterfly races during the Bedfordshire event.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip