Stylish St Ives open season with 5-1 win
STYLISH St Ives opened the new season with a convincing victory over their opponents, who were playing Premier B hockey last year
STYLISH St Ives opened the new season with a convincing victory over opponents who were playing Premier B hockey last year.
Saints looked to dominate from the first whistle and were rewarded with a goal at the back post by the in-form Jamie Moise, after smart passing through the middle by Allan Knox and Dave Land. They hit a second before the interval through Derrick Pope.
Ipswich upped their game in the second half and were rewarded with a tap-in after the home defence got in a tangle.
You may also want to watch:
Minutes later Pope was on hand to steer in the third and Moise added his second to make it four. Darren Coles grabbed a fifth late on, finishing off a smart short corner routine. St Ives will look to maintain their good form at Felixstowe on Saturday.
? ST IVES II lost narrowly to rivals Cambridge South 1-0, Ives IV were awarded the points after City of Peterborough forfeited, and Ives V lost 2-1 to Ely City IV.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
? ST IVES III got their Division 4NW campaign off to a 2-1 winning start against Cambridge South II, with a victory more comfortable than the scoreline suggests. Brad Forsdick opened the scoring midway through the first half, latching on to an incisive through ball from Dave Jones. Alan Campbell made it 2-0 shortly after half time, drilling home a short corner before Cambridge grabbed a goal back.
? THE Ladies were beaten 4-0 by newly promoted Lincoln, St Ives Ladies II beat Wisbech II 2-0 and the third team lost 2-0 to City of Peterborough III.