ROWING: Golden girl Poppy Shipley enjoys British Rowing Sculling Festival success
- Credit: Archant
Brampton talent Poppy Shipley is the proud owner of another major medal.
The Hinchingbrooke School pupil struck gold at the British Rowing Sculling Festival over the weekend.
Shipley dominated the women’s open junior 16 category in a two-day event which tests the speed and technical of a rower.
Her performance at the National Watersports Centre in Nottingham was so impressive that she would also have won the senior women, Under 23 women categories, and gained silver in the junior 18 section if it was permitted.
Shipley also enjoyed success the previous weekend at the Peterborough Summer Regatta.
You may also want to watch:
She teamed up with team-mates from the Great Britain World Class Start programme to triumph in the women’s band 1 coxless quad and also claimed women’s junior single sculls honours.
Shipley also won gold at the National Junior Championships and bronze at the British Junior Championships this summer.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment