Striking star Josh Turner is the hottest shot in Cambs League football
- Credit: Archant
AFC Josh Turner is the deadliest striker in Cambs League football this season.
Turner has struck 33 times in just 13 games this season – form which has helped the Cambs League newcomers power to the top of the Division 3B standings in possession of a 100 per cent record.
The 27 year-old, a former Fenstanton player, has snubbed the advances of Kershaw Premier Division side Foxton to stay loyal to a Barley bunch who moved into Saturday football after a couple of trophy-laden seasons in the Sunday morning game.
Player-boss Sean Sweeney said: “Josh is just class and an absolute nightmare for defenders. He’s a big lad, he’s strong and quick as well.
“He’s also playing in a team which creates a lot of chances and he puts most of them away.
“We’ve got the second-highest scorer in our division as well in Adam Lacey. He is all tricks and flicks, and him and Josh compliment each other very well.”
Turner found the net as AFC Barley Mow recorded their 10th successive league win last Saturday. Nick Gingell and Luke Gove also struck in the table-toppers’ 4-1 success at Earith.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Needingworth United also possess a high-scoring hitman.
James Hodson has hit 24 goals in just 10 appearances for the club’s reserve side in Division 5B. He’s also struck a couple of times for the Needingworth first team in Kershaw Senior B Division.
He helped himself to a hat-trick as the second string sank Barton Mills 5-1 last Saturday. Recent signing Marco Galea grabbed the other two goals.