Stevens stars to help Ramsey to Under 15 county glory
- Credit: Archant
A man-of-the-match display from blossoming talent Ollie Stevens helped Ramsey Under 15s become Hunts county champions.
Stevens hit an unbeaten 61 as Ramsey saw off Houghton & Wyton by nine wickets in the final.
Houghton & Wyton reached 107-4 from their 20 overs, but Ramsey eased past that target with Ollie Bowd (16) and Mark Saunders (12no) backing up the impressive Stevens.
Team manager Harry Buddle said: “It has been a huge pleasure to coach the boys this season and they all have great futures ahead of them.
“I’m also the 3rd XI captain and it is great to have seen six of the lads make the step into men’s cricket during the summer while Ollie is a regular for the seconds and has recently broken into the firsts.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important for the club to see these youngsters coming through.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan