Steve lets rip with a ton to beat Abbots Ripton!
- Credit: Archant
Steve Dighton cracked a century to set Bluntisham 2nds on the way to an important Cambs Junior League Division Four North win at Abbots Ripton on Saturday.
Dighton thumped 16 fours and two sixes during a knock of 125 achieved from just 130 balls as Bluntisham amassed a handy total of 226-4.
He was ably assisted by young gun Harvey Bullin who celebrated a first half-century in senior cricket with an unbeaten 57. Bullin only recently turned 14.
Bluntisham then restricted the hosts to 187-8 in reply to seal their first victory of the season on the field. Their only previous success had come courtesy of a concession.
Title-chasing Somersham continued their winning run at the same level with a 10-wicket drubbing of City of Ely 2nds. Matt Norton was unbeaten on 61.
You may also want to watch:
David Roberts fell one run short of a half-century as Needingworth 2nds were beaten by Cottenham 2nds by five wickets.
Yelling suffered a second successive defeat in Cambs Senior League Division Three. They went down to Balsham by eight wickets while 74 from Daniel Sherlock was not enough to save Needingworth from a four-wicket loss against Girton at the same level.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester