ROWING: St Ives quad are the Masters at Peterborough Regatta
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rowing Club’s super set of Masters were triumphant last weekend.
The ‘D’ quad of Gary Gilbey, Tony Bennett, Pip Woodford and Paul Ashmore took victory at the Peterborough Regatta.
They covered the 1,000m course at Thorpe Meadows in a time of three minutes and 22 seconds.
The St Ives quartet led from start to finish as they comfortably hold off closest challengers Cantabrigian by five seconds. Third-placed Lea were a further three seconds adrift.
Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch were runners-up in the Junior 15 double-sculls to a classy crew from the host club, while Lauren Maddison took third place in the Women’s Junior 18 single sculls after leading for the first half of the contest.
You may also want to watch:
Jess Hasted enjoyed her first regatta outing when finishing third in the final of the Women’s Junior 14 single sculls after being second in her heat.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan