Star Swan makes a splash at East Region Championships
ST NEOTS Swans Ben Fory travelled to Norwich last weekend to compete in the East Region Championships. Fory, 13, was swimming against strong opposition from the six counties of the East Region, and came away with an admirable seventh place in the overall
ST NEOTS Swans' Ben Fory travelled to Norwich last weekend to compete in the East Region Championships.
Fory, 13, was swimming against strong opposition from the six counties of the East Region, and came away with an admirable seventh place in the overall standings.
Of the 40 swimmers in his age group, 28 had posted faster times in qualifying for the championships, yet he won his heat comfortably in a time of 1.01.88 to progress to the final.
According to ASA conversions, Fory's time in the 50m Norwich pool converts to 59.09 in a standard 25m pool.
You may also want to watch:
In the final he finished seventh with a time just two seconds shy of guaranteeing a place at the National Championships, which Fory has targeted as his next goal.
Swans Head Coach Linda Ashley-Davidson, said Fory's impressive performance came as no surprise.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
"His amazing performance in this championship is what Swans have come to expect from him.
"Ben is the most committed swimmer and continually shows in club and regional competitions what rewards hard work and dedication to your chosen sport can bring," she said.
"Ben's performance has highlighted how close he is to being a swimmer who is able to compete at national level and this is somewhere where he really belongs. We are all immensely proud.