ROWING: Big success for St Ives duo in Cambridges Small Boats Head event
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rowing Club enjoyed success at the Cambridge Small Boats Head event last Saturday.
Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch were victorious over the 2,600m upstream course on the River Cam.
The triumphed in the Junior 16 double sculls by most two minutes after clocking a time of 10.49 – overtaking three older crews who started ahead of them in the process.
They were also quicker than all of the Junior 17 and 18 entrants in their category.
Fellow St Ives rower Lauren Maddison’s win in the Women’s Junior 18 single sculls was much tighter. She prevailed by a single second in a time of 12.42.
Alfie Heylen (Junior 16 single sculls) and Jess Hasted (Women’s Junior 15 single sculls) both rowed well when competing in the Cambridge event, organised by the Rob Roy club, for the first time.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed