Stan’s the man for sweepstake victory
Cromwell Lake FISHING was hard for the anglers in Saturday s sweepstake on Cromwell Lake. Stan won the match from peg 11 with 15lb 8oz. Only an ounce separated second and third positions, with Keith Ellington just ahead of Ricky Ashwell. RESULT: 1 Stan Bi
FISHING was hard for the anglers in Saturday's sweepstake on Cromwell Lake. Stan won the match from peg 11 with 15lb 8oz.
Only an ounce separated second and third positions, with Keith Ellington just ahead of Ricky Ashwell.
RESULT: 1 Stan Binge Browning Stanjay 15lb 8oz, 2 Keith Ellington 9lb 6oz, 3 Ricky Ashwell 9lb 5oz.
BRAMPTON fished the Albert Bullett memorial match on Dolphin Meadow on Sunday. The convincing winner was St Ives local angler Kevin Peacock, with 37lb 12oz which included six tench and two bream.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
All were taken on the feeder fished to the far bank with the biggest bream weighing 5lb 14oz. Chris Saunders was second and Kevin Medlock came third.
RESULT: 1 Kevin Peacock 37lb 12oz, 2 Chris Saunders 9lb 5oz, 3 Kevin Medlock 6lb 12oz.
St Ives AS
THE Anderson memorial match was fished at Meadow lane on Sunday.
Paul Ashcroft, in good form at the moment, was the winner with 8lb 13oz from Ian Neve and Glenn Smettern. The cup was presented at the end of the match and as is traditional, the club donated £100 to a charity of the Anderson family's choice.
RESULT: 1 Paul Ashcroft 8lb 13oz, 2 Ian Neve 6lb 14oz, 3 Glenn Smettern 6lb 9oz.
SUNDAY'S Lynn Regis open match at Ramsey St Mary's was won by Roger Gowler with 7lb 10oz.
RESULT: 1 Roger Gowler 7lb 10oz, 2 T Steele 5lb 3.5oz, 3 I Steele 5lb 3oz.
THE final match in this year's King of the Pond series was fished on Sunday and saw Terry Kelly taking a big lead into the match. Terry drew peg three and caught two carp to put the result beyond doubt.
Second place was close between Pat Magilop and Bob Stobart, with Pat finishing just 8oz ahead - though Bob lost a tench at the net and was called away from the match before the end.
RESULT: 1 Terry Kelly 38lb 7oz, 2 Pat Magilop 13lb 8oz, 3 Bob Stobart 13lb.
THE Golden Rod match, fished on Honeysuckle Lake last Tuesday, was won by Mick Burge with 24lb 15oz. Cameron Tainsh was second and Keith West came third.
RESULT: 1 Mick Burge St Neots 24lb 15oz, 2 Cameron Tainsh Willingham 20lb, 3 Keith West St Neots 13lb 8oz.
Carp Challenge - Little Paxton
WE HAVE been sent a report of the fifth annual carp challenge on Hayling Lake at Little Paxton last weekend.
Unfortunately, we do not have room to print the unabridged and very amusing version - but we have extracted the main facts.
The pairs trophy went to David Biddle and Andrew Morris, who snatched the win in the last hour of the 48hr event from Steve French.
David, joint sponsor of the event, landed an impressive 44lb 9oz of carp to take the trophy for the second time in five years.
The presentation of the trophy - and also wooden spoon to Dave Hennessy - took place at the Hyde Park.
Arvagh Loughs Festival - Ireland
SEVERAL of our customers have been taking part in the autumn festivals in Ireland over recent weeks, which provided good fishing in fantastic surroundings.
Most notable was the performance of Browning Hotrods Lindsay Naylor who led the Arvagh Festival for the first three days of competition.
After an exciting final day, which saw three anglers including Lindsay finish equal on points from their three best matches, it was Van Den Eynde angler John Whincup who took the title.
Whincup, from Peterborough, edged out Lindsay and Drennan North West's John Jowett, who came third.
* WE are sure that all readers who know him and have not been directly in touch will join us in expressing our deep sympathy to Malcolm Plant, well known at St Ives, Ramsey and Benwick clubs in particular for the recent tragic loss of his partner Melanie Burton.